Firmware: Nokia N97 12.2.024 Released


New firmware available: 12.2.024

There’s a new firmware available for the Nokia N97, and it looks like it’s a global update. Good news, right? Unfortunately, for the most part no one seems to know what the firmware actually fixed – myself included. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, my phone crashed several times after successfully updating. Ugh!
And for those of you hoping for threaded SMS, or Go To boxes in the browser fullscreen mode, or kinetic scrolling everywhere – you’re going to be disappointed.
Below is what I’ve found out about v12 – sadly, there isn’t much here. Is it too much to ask for a decent changelog, Nokia?

Changelog

Speed improvements. Things are definitely more fluid in v12, with less lag all around (for example, when pressing the Menu key, or swiping the Home screen to show/hide widgets). Kinetic scrolling in the browser is noticeably smoother. Switching from portrait to landscape mode is faster. Scrolling through contacts seems faster.
Lock key fixes. Okay, I’m a little on the fence about this one. I swear that I had the same ‘ol lock switch bug happen to me once, but I can’t seem to duplicate it with much success. Most of the time, it works now.

NoChangelog aka What Wasn’t Fixed

Preinstalled crap. Is still there. What the hell. (Boingo, Qik, etc)
Still finding bugs? Report them in the The Definitive N97 Bug List post.
As with all Nokia firmware, get it using Nokia Software Updater. Don’t bother with the device update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment