Apple launched the new iPad earlier this month with somewhat amazing features such as the retina display, A5X processor and 4G LTE technology. People flocked to buy the new iPad or iPad 3 whichever one you prefer calling. People waited days before the launch of the new iPad trying to be the first ones to get their hands on the new shiny device from Apple. But, it seems we have a problem now.
Many users are reporting problems with the WiFi connection. It seems it’s not just a handful of users but huge number according to this thread over at Apple forums.
Users just like with any problem relating to an iOS device have taken to Apple forums to rant out their anger at the appalling WiFi signal issue. The problem? Users are simply not getting WiFi signals on their brand new iPad and those who are getting the signals are simply too tweak to call it a “WiFi network.”
Some users are reporting that they can use the WiFi if they are within six feet of their router. Many have tried replacing the new iPad for another one at a local Apple retailer but it seems this has not solved the problem as it seems it has affected many iPad 3′s.
Some have even gone as far as simply not using the new iPad and getting back to the iPad 2 or iPad, first-generation.
Another problem regarding the new iPad is it being considerably warm compared to the previous model, although not uncomfortably hot but definitely warm.
So folks have you experienced any problem regarding the new iPad? Or are you one of those who are having weak WiFi signals? Let us know in the comment section below.
3 Comments:
I had the same problem with my new iPad, the wifi range was really poor. The worst part was no matter where I looked, I always found the same step by step guide to reset the network configuration, which worked only for the older models that could not recognize your home network at all At the end, I found a couple of reviews of Pong Research 's cases, that convinced me into giving it a try. This special case, is built with an antennae in between layers of the back cover, which redirects and boosts the power of the signals and increases the range of the wifi antennae on the iPad. After getting one, I couldn't be happier with my new toy!
Thank you for sharing this! Just what I’ve been searching for. Great info!
I haven't experience wi-fi issues, although if I did, I'd definitely be pissed considering that I paid almost twice the price in the US, and I live outside states. So getting it fixed will not be easy.
Mac Review
Post a Comment